The FOBID Legal Committee deals with the legal aspects that are important for libraries, information and documentation centers. It initiates (inter)national actions and responses in this area. To this end, the FJC has regular consultations with the Ministries of OCW and Justice, and makes its voice heard in Europe.
- Lucinda Jones, Head of Collections KB (Chairwoman)
- Koen Baaij, Probiblio
- Annemarie Beunen, jurist KB, legal advisor FJC
- Clementine Bevers, jurist KB
- Martine Brons, jurist KB
- Cynthia Halfwerk, Saxion bibliotheek, SHB
- Michiel Ketting, Jurist National Archives
- Inge de Monnink, Dedicon
- Erna Sattler, jurist University library Leiden
- Noor Schreuder, jurist National Archives
- Raymond Snijders, Senior Information specialist at Hogeschool Windesheim, for SHB
The most important themes of the FJC at the moment are:
Copyright plays a major role in the practice of libraries and information centers, certainly also in the digital world. Topics discussed include ILL, the Copyright Act and the consequences for issues such as digital cutting newspapers, repositories, and archival copies.
New legislation can lead to invasion of privacy when libraries and information centers are requested to share the data of customers and users.