The FOBID Legal Committee deals with the legal aspects that are important for libraries, information and documentation centers. It initiates (inter)national actions and responses in this area. To this end, the FJC has regular consultations with the Ministries of OCW and Justice, and makes its voice heard in Europe.
- Lucinda Jones, head Collections KB (chair)
- Annemarie Beunen, legal specialist KB, legal advisor FJC
- Clementine Bevers, legal specialist KB
- Sarah Coombs, on behalf of SHB
- Koen Krikhaar, senior account specialist, Dedicon
- Melika Nariman, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Fanny Pang, legal advisor VOB
- Noor Schreuder, legal advisor Nationaal Archief
- Erna Winters, director librarian Public Library Kennemerwaard, VOB
The most important themes of the FJC at the moment are:
Copyright plays a major role in the practice of libraries and information centers, certainly also in the digital world. Topics discussed include ILL, the Copyright Act and the consequences for issues such as digital cutting newspapers, repositories, and archival copies.
New legislation can lead to invasion of privacy when libraries and information centers are requested to share the data of customers and users.